Cannabis Recipes: How to Make Cannabis Infused Cheesecake
Published on 5/23/22
People have been infusing sweets with cannabis for quite some time now. We've seen weed desserts such as brownies, cookies and cupcakes of all flavors and varieties - but what about a weed cheesecake? You either love cheesecake and its decadent, creamy texture or absolutely hate it and turn your nose up at it every time you find yourself at The Cheesecake Factory. However, keep reading below for our best infused cheesecake recipe if you're on board.
Making the Best THC Cheesecake - What You Need to Know
To those who don't know, it may seem like all you need to do is throw some of your favorite flower into your cheesecake batter - and voila! We wish it were that simple, but it isn't. Below we will run through a few key things to ensure your edibles are not only delicious, but the right potency for you and your friends. Rather than buying from often expensive dispensaries, we'll even tell you why you should try your hand in the cannabis kitchen.
Decarb Your Dank
When it comes to your cheesecake recipe, if you skip decarboxylation, you're just going to have to throw away those delicious baked goods you worked hard on. This process of decarboxylation is paramount because it transforms your raw cannabis flower into a compound that will make you feel euphoric, increase your heart rate, and even deliver the munchies to you when you least expect it. "Decarbing" your weed is a process that involves specific time, heat, and light to remove a carboxyl ring from the THCA molecule, which is the precursor to THC.
While the process of decarboxylation is a straightforward one, the process of correctly dosing your edibles is rather tricky. Therefore, handle this step with extreme care and caution. If you're not a numbers wizard, an online dosing calculator is always recommended, and here at Where's Weed, we also have an in-depth article on the how-to of dosing found here. Unfortunately, dosing is an exact science - therefore starting low and going slow or reaching for high CBD, low THC strains are always a great idea.
Why You Should Try Your Hand at Edible Making
Sure, we've just briefly run through the process - and it may seem daunting. However, there are still some significant payoffs if you want some creating time in the kitchen. For starters, you're going to save money, as you probably know that balling out on edibles can get very expensive, very quickly. Edibles are becoming the most popular consumption method for cannabis, and suppliers are looking to capitalize on this newfound trend.
Not only will you be impressed with yourself, but you can also show off your skills to your friends, too. It always feels great to create something from scratch, and we highly recommend some DIY kitchen time if you've been in a rut or need something to do other than watching that new Netflix special. You can even make it interactive - tell your friends to each bring an ingredient so it can be a fun group activity for you and your friends.
Creating your own edibles puts you in the driver's seat, allowing you to choose potency levels, ultimately dictating your experience. We all have that one edibles story where something went wrong, so starting low and going slow or reaching for high CBD strains to start may be the best bet.
Your Step-by-Step Guide to Creating an Edible Cheesecake with Cannabis
With weed recipes, it is all about the base. Weed loves to bind to a fat soluble compound to ensure the best results. The best part? Most of those compounds are household items such as coconut oil, olive oil, or glycerin. For this recipe, we'll be using cannabis-infused butter, and you'll need to grab your favorite strain of flower and some butter. Here is an in-depth cannabutter how-to that you can use for virtually any recipe in the future.
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter
- 1 tablespoon stick of butter
- 24 Oreo cookies divided into 3 groups
- 250 grams of a Philadelphia cream cheese packet
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- An oven (sorry, this isn't a cannabutter no-bake cheesecake recipe)
- Heat your oven to 330 degrees Fahrenheit. Place 16 of the cookies in the resealable plastic bag. Flatten that bag to remove all excess air, then seal. Finely crush the cookies using a rolling pin across the bag or by any method, as long as the bag stays closed.
- Place these crushed cookies into a bowl. Then add normal and cannabis butter together, mixing well. You now have your edible cheesecake batter.
- Press this mixture firmly onto the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add eggs - one at a time - beating just until blended after each addition.
- Chop or crush the remaining 8 cookies.
- Gently stir half of the chopped cookies into the cream cheese batter. Pour over the prepared crust, and sprinkle with the remaining chopped cookies.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the center is almost set.
- Let cool and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight if possible.
- Cut into 12 pieces and enjoy!
What is your favorite edible dessert? Have you tried your hand at a cheesecake before? Tell us what the best cheesecake flavor of all time is in the comments below.