How to Do Ghost Inhales? Top Seven Best Vape Tricks for Beginners
Published on 4/10/22
As cannabis has slowly transitioned from a black market, underground illicit drug trade to a multi-billion dollar cash cow that's medically legal in 36 states and U.S. territories and recreationally legal in 13 states, the ways that people prefer to consume their cannabis has changed as well.
While surveys show that smoking cannabis, usually in the form of a joint, blunt, or out of a glass piece like a bong or pipe, is still the most popular method, the gap between methods is narrowing. According to a recent survey of 6,100 cannabis consumers in twelve states, 20 percent reported having tried vaping their cannabis. Even more interestingly, a full 2 percent reported they exclusively vaped cannabis.
No matter how you slice it, vaping cannabis is becoming more popular, especially among younger folks. A key part of vaping and vape culture, however, is learning how to do vape tricks! While smoke tricks might not be the first thing you think of when it comes to vaping cannabis, they are a fun and easy way to spice up your vaping experience and take things to the next level!
We here at Where's Weed want to provide a go-to guide of vape tricks for beginners. This article will break down in detail how to do a few of the coolest, simplest, and easiest-to-learn vape tricks to spice things up and impress your buddies during your next smoke session. Treat this article as your definitive smoke trick tutorial, your step-by-step guide to each trick, and how to do so. We even dove into the depths of vape trick youtube channels to provide the best video tutorials we possibly could. Let's get right into it!
1. The Tornado
When it comes to smoke tricks, there are not too many more iconic than this one. When it comes to vape tricks, the tornado is one of the top dogs. Why? Because it's so dynamic and cool looking! All you'll need to do this trick is a little bit of practice, a flat, sturdy surface, and some practice to get it right.
Here's a step-by-step guide to how to do the tornado vape trick:
- First, you'll need to position yourself in front of the flat, sturdy surface. Either standing or sitting will do fine. You'll want to comfortably position yourself to exhale pretty much parallel to the flat surface.
- Next, you'll need to take a big inhale from your vape. After that, you'll slowly exhale the vapor from your mouth and onto the flat surface. You'll want to keep the cloud as dense and contained as possible.
- Once all the vapor is exhaled, you'll want to get your hand into the center of the cloud quickly. Once your hand is there, you'll want to quickly pull your arm upwards in a reverse karate chop motion. That should kick the vapor up and cause it to spin like a tornado!
2. The Dragon
Perhaps one of the trickiest and most deceptive simple tricks on this list, there are few other vape tricks easy as this one! After a few rounds of practice with this trick, you should have it perfected and ready to show off during your next smoke session.
Here's a step-by-step guide for how to do the dragon vape trick:
- First, you'll need to take a big drag from your vape. You'll want to get as much vapor in as possible for the most effective dragon experience.
- Next, you'll want to release the vapor from the corners of your mouth and your nostril simultaneously. It takes a little bit of practice and control to get exactly right, but you should be able to master it with just a little bit of practice.
- The smoke will blow downwards out of your nostril and upwards out of the corners of your mouth. Once you get it right, it looks pretty cool!
3. The Ghost Inhale
Perhaps the most iconic vape trick of them all, the ghost inhale/ghost hit is one of the most popular and classic smoke tricks of all time. This simple but effective trick is an oldie but goodie, a trick that's as cool visually as it is easy to do!
Here's a step-by-step guide for how to do the ghost inhale vape trick:
- Take a big pull from your vape, but keep the smoke in your mouth instead of fully breathing it in.
- Let the vapor sit in your mouth for a few seconds, then slowly let it escape your mouth.
- Right after the smoke starts escaping, suck the vapor back into your mouth instead of allowing it to fully escape.
4. The O-Rings
This one is for you if you're looking for a trick that will blow (pun intended) people's minds during your next session! This rapid-fire vape trick is simple to learn but looks so cool that you'll enjoy the process of practicing.
Here's a step-by-step guide for how to do the O-Rings vape trick:
- First, you'll want to take a small inhale from your vape. You'll also want to make sure that you don't full inhale the vapor instead of holding it in your throat towards the back of the tongue.
- Next, rest your tongue at the base of your mouth, curve your lips tightly around your teeth to form an "O" shape. Your lip shape is important. If your lips extend outwards, like a kiss, instead of keeping them taut, this trick won't work.
- Lastly, you'll want to push the vapor out from the back of your throat, like you're lightly coughing, and produce a ring out of your mouth.
5. The Waterfall
This next smoke trick is the first and only one on the list that will require a prop. Thankfully, however, that prop is only an empty bottle of some type. Water, Gatorade, soda, or anything like that will do. As long as you have that, you should be good to go!
Here's a step-by-step guide for how to do the Waterfall vape trick:
- First, you'll take a big inhale from your vape, then get your prop ready for use.
- Once you have the vapor inhaled, you'll want to exhale the vapor into the mouth of the bottle.
- Once the bottle is full, pour the vapor inside the bottle out onto a flat surface, like a table. The vapor should flow out of the mouth of the bottle like the pouring of water.
6. The French Inhale
This vape trick, also commonly known as the Irish Waterfall, is perhaps one of the coolest looking simple tricks on this list. While it might not seem too hard, it takes a little more practice to perfect than others. Thankfully, it's a lot of fun to practice.
Here's a step-by-step guide for how to do the French Inhale vape trick:
- Similar to a ghost inhale, you'll take a big hit from your vape and keep it in your mouth instead of inhaling. Keep your mouth closed and let the vapor sit for a few seconds.
- Next, you'll open your mouth, slightly extend your bottom jaw, and slowly allow some of the vapor to escape.
- As you're releasing the vapor from your mouth, you'll want to inhale with your nose. That will suck the vapor up as released, giving you the classically cool French Inhale look.
7. The Bane Inhale
For the final entry on our list, we want to break down an alternative form of the French Inhale named for its resemblance to the famous Batman villain! For all of the fanatical comic book fans out there, this vape trick is for you and all of your ultra-nerdy buddies.
Here's a step-by-step guide for how to do the Bane Inhale vape trick:
- Similar to a french inhale, you'll take a big hit from your vape and keep it in your mouth instead of inhaling. Keep your mouth closed and let the vapor sit for a few seconds.
- Next, you'll open your mouth, forming a little bit of an underbite with your top jaw. Then you'll let the vapor escape, same as with a french inhale.
- As you're releasing the vapor from your mouth, you'll want to inhale with your nose. You will need to inhale much harder than the typical french inhale to make a Bane inhale happen.
Did you find this step-by-step guide to be helpful? Which vape trick are you going to try to master first? Let us know in the comments below.