How to Make Delicious Cannabis Infused Ice Cream: Marijuana Recipes
Published on 11/26/20
Move over, chocolate chip cookie dough, cannabis ice cream is the new craze. Even as the summer season is slowly coming to an end, we love to eat ice cream all year long. Making THC ice cream is a fairly simple and straightforward enough process that has several easy-to-follow steps.
Before we get into the ice cream, let's talk about cannamilk. As versatile as canna-oil and cannabutter, cannamilk is among one of the most widely used bases for making an assortment of edibles and beverages. However, the difference between cannamilk and the other edible bases is that cannamilk has a higher water concentration than fat content, so this means that your THC may not be activated as strong as when it's converted into other things, like lipids. Don't worry, incorporating this cannamilk into your ice cream with cannabis recipe will definitely still get the job done and even taste great while doing it.
In order to make cannamilk, you will need decarboxylated weed as well as milk. Raw cannabis needs the cannabinoids THCA and CBDA to be converted into THC and CBD, since the psychoactive effects of marijuana come from the latter. This happens through the process of decarboxylation, in which weed is heated up in a certain amount of time to transform the cannabinoids. When figuring out the amount of weed to decarboxylate, the general rule of thumb is to use - 1 gram per quart milk. Make sure to meticulously calculate the THC dosage needed, which requires a little bit of math but can also be done with online dosage calculators, like this one.
How to Make Weed Ice Cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups cannamilk (recipe here)
- Pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: chocolate sauce, Oreos, caramel
- Simmer the salt, cannamilk, vanilla extract and sugar together in a pot, continuously stirring until all the salt and sugar have completely dissolved.
- Take the mixture off the heat, and begin whisking the egg yolks in a separate bowl. If you have an electric whisk handy, you can keep whisking while you add about a third of the cannamilk. If you're sticking to hand whisking, add in about a third of the cannamilk at a time while whisking vigorously. Whisk until the cannamilk has been fully mixed with the egg yolks.
- Add that mixture in with the rest of the remaining cannamilk. Place the pot on medium-low heat to simmer. Cook until the mixture coats the back of a spoon, which should take approximately 15 minutes.
- Strain this mixture through a sieve, finally setting it aside to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Scoop and add your choice of toppings and enjoy!
Would you be down to try weed ice cream? Do you know of any other delicious marijuana ice cream recipes to share with us? Comment below and let us know!