Making a Healthy THC Fruit Smoothie: Cannabis Recipes
Published on 5/5/21
What's even better than a fresh fruit smoothie to start the day? A fresh cannabis-infused fruit smoothie! Regular fruit smoothies are already so delicious and refreshing that adding a stoner twist to them would only make them more delectable. Not only are they relatively quick and easy to make, they are also healthy, contain nutrients our body needs, and can boost daily fruit and vegetable intake (depending on ingredients used).
Milk makes the perfect medium for cannabis creations, filled with the lipids that fat-soluble cannabinoids love so much. In fact, cannabinoids can only bind to alcohol and fat, and since alcohol isn't the ideal option for all consumers, having an alternative source for liquid infusion is crucial. The best choice of milk to use for cannabis infusions would be the full-fat kinds, like whole milk, heavy cream or coconut milk. Alternatively, regular or even plant-based milk would also work well considering that most milk products typically contain some sort of fat content. It is extremely vital to decarboxylate your cannabis flower before the infusion process if you want to have an active cannamilk with the maximum amount of THC. Decarboxylation is the process of using heat as a catalyst to convert the cannabinoid THCA from raw cannabis into the psychoactive compound THC, which is what gives that high feeling. If you don't decarb your cannabis beforehand and decide to just toss the buds straight in, then the milk will still be pulling the cannabinoids from the plant during the infusion; however, most of the cannabinoids will still cling to their acid precursor form of THCA.
- 1 gram of decarboxylated weed per liter of milk
- Grind your decarbed cannabis into a fine powder, adding it directly to the milk in a saucepan. Place it over low heat, whisking consistently. Depending on preferred potency, allow the concoction to simmer for about 30 minutes to an hour.
- Remove from heat, letting it sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the cannabinoids to settle into the fat cells. Place cheesecloth over the top of an airtight liquid storage container, pouring the mixture over the cheesecloth to strain out the plant material.
- Securely tighten the container, and label contents along with the expiration date, which is the same date listed on the milk carton.
How to Make a Cannabis-Infused Fruit Smoothie
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 /2 cup canna-milk
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 /2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Favorite fruits desired for blending: bananas, strawberries, mangos, kiwis, blueberries, etc.
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Add all ingredients to the blender, and start blending. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Serve and enjoy!
What are your favorite fruit smoothie combinations? Have you ever tried your smoothies medicated before? Let us know in the comments below, we'd love to hear from you!