Making the Best Homemade Marijuana Gummies: Marijuana Recipes
Published on 12/3/20
Since the boom of the edible segment within the cannabis industry, the popularity of THC-infused gummies has increased exponentially and they can be found in almost every single dispensary nowadays. There's no surprise as to why they are so well-liked; these delicious marijuana candies are convenient and a subtle method to get medicated. Creating your own will let you customize everything to your liking, such as potency and flavoring. We are going to show you how to make weed gummies in the comfort of your own home with the added bonus of also being able to bypass the normally steep dispensary price tag for them.
Infused Coconut Oil
These weed gummy bears are made with THC-infused coconut oil, which requires decarboxylation. This process is the magic behind making cannabis a potent addition to food. Decarboxylation is accomplished through heating up raw marijuana to convert THCA to THC. THCA, the active element within raw weed, is not a psychoactive compound by default, therefore heat needs to be applied to the plant matter so that the THCA can turn into THC, which is what produces that high feeling.
Once you have decarbed your cannabis, you need a fat in order to separate the THC from the plant material because THC is only soluble in fatsand not water. Coconut oil is a fat, therefore making it a perfect binding ingredient for your cannabis gummies. Of course, skipping decarboxylation is an option if you purchase CBD oil.
How to Make THC Gummies
- 1/4 cup THC-infused coconut oil (or CBD)
- 1-ounce unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 ounces flavored Jello
- Turkey baster
- Candy molds
- Combine the cannabis coconut oil and the water together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bringing the mixture to a boil, whisk them together.
- One scoop at a time, whisk in the flavored Jello.
- While continuing to whisk the mixture, add in the unflavored gelatin. For about 5 minutes, continue stirring before bringing it to a low boil.
- Reduce the heat to low after approximately 5 minutes.
- Begin pouring the mixture into candy molds with the turkey baster. Be sure to keep the mixture on low heat while doing this, and stir every few minutes.
- Place the candy molds into the freezer for about 20-25 minutes.
- Afterward, unmold your canna gummies to enjoy immediately. Otherwise, you can store them in airtight containers in the fridge to enjoy later.
Do you prefer homemade infused gummies or the ones you can buy in dispensaries? Let us know below in the comments, we'd love to hear from you!